Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Squirrel Hill


I'm absolutely in love with Pittsburgh. The weather is nice and sunny, and not as humid as I anticipated (I'm used to the humidity in Taiwan/China/HK, so this is nothing compared to that). I'm sitting at 61C Cafe in Squirrel Hill enjoying a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade (the guy literally juiced those little suckers in front of me), just a five minute bus ride away from Carnegie Mellon University. It's a quaint little area, with rustic brick buildings, and a number of places to sit, eat, and enjoy a good book. I still have to try Aladdin's Eatery, a mediterranean hot spot just a block down from here.

Earlier in the day I stumbled upon the thrift store here, Avalon Exchange. It is similar of Buffalo Exchange, in the way that they purchase used items and resell them at a higher price. The store is small, but very clean, and organized by size. I found a lovely oversized peachy cream Free People sweater, embellished with sequins and studs; I also picked up a square dark brown leather backpack, perfect for Fall. I am definitely going back tomorrow for the cowboy bolo.


Love the mens section; such a huge selection!




No comments:

Post a Comment